Customer Spotlight: Tensentric, Inc.
Tensentric is a high technology industrial medical design and development firm with 200+ successful medical device product designs and 75+ patents under its belt within its first five years of business. Within this same timeframe, Tensentric was awarded with a Colorado Companies to Watch distinction, and grew its staff from a 10 person startup to a 50+ employee and contractor on premise and mobile workforce.
Tensentric hired FULCRA as a startup in 2009. Tensentric's complex technology needs were surpassed only by its ambition. The company aspired to be a highly agile, high quality developer of medical devices for the elite players in the industry. From a technology perspective this meant maintaining documentation within regulations imposed by FDA Part 11 and ISO 13485. From an agility perspective the company needed to find a balance between maintaining a regulated environment while implementing systems and infrastructure (and staff!) that could support a versatile client project portfolio.
By 2015, Tensentric had grown from fewer than 10 employees to over 50 full time contributors. Operations Director, Mary Lauritsen, commented on our services at the end of 2014: "FULCRA has unsurpassed engineering and support. They're part of the reason we're successful."
Over the course of our continuous engagement with Tensentric, we've had the opportunity to work on countless projects and develop custom solutions. The following are those we're most proud of:
- Implementation of an initial VMWare virtualized server environment comprised of Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint and a development support platform built on open source Linux environments (KnowledgeTree, Redmine, SVN and proprietary systems built by Tensentric).
- Completion of a 32-point security review and enhancement project in advance of winning a critical contract for the company.
- Segregation of corporate IT networks from engineering/R&D lab and test networks for security assurance and efficient design.
- Migration of company's physical IT infrastructure from its startup location into a state-of-the-art engineering facility with zero downtime to critical services.
- Migration of the company's core communications and collaboration infrastructure to Office 365.
- Implementation of a Document Management System built in SharePoint and designed for regulatory compliance.